Enrollment procedure:

1 - Fill out and submit this enrollment form: The guide(s) will send you preparation information and our health and liability forms.

2 - Send in your deposit: Sending in your deposit will secure your place in the program. You can pay your deposit via paypal or by check. Checks, and completed forms should be sent to: School of Lost Borders P.O. Box 796 Big Pine, CA. 93513 If you pay by check, please include the name and date of the program in the memo portion of your check. We view your deposit as a symbol of your commitment to participate in the program for which you are enrolling. This deposit also covers the considerable administrative work done by the school for course enrollments. For both these reasons, please be advised that the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable unless the program is cancelled. (Note:  If you are enrolling in a course that is waitlisted, there is no need to make a deposit. You will be notified by a guide if a spot becomes a available).

3 - Letter of Intent: We ask that you write a letter of intent, stating your reasons for enrolling and what is calling you to attend at this time of your life. Your guides will send you additional information about the letter of intent and you should send it directly to them.

If you have questions contact us at [email protected] or call 760-938-3333 Or just forget that such a wild idea ever came into your head!


After submitting the form above, the next step is to pay your deposit via PayPal or by mailing in a check.  Please note: if you pay your deposit via PayPal, a $10 fee will be added to your deposit.

Once you have paid your deposit, you will be contacted by the guide who is registering your program.  You will receive additional information via email.

Risk and Liability: Lost Borders carries an insurance policy with the Worldwide Outfitter and Guide Association which meets Region 5 (California) Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and National Park standards. This policy is a necessary adjunct to land use in NPS, NFS, or BLM administered areas. We can assume no responsibility for the behavior of students when they are alone in the wilderness. We do not condone the use of alcohol or any drug which impairs physical performance, alters consciousness, or deadens full alertness. The possible effect of prescription drugs on full participation must be discussed with a personal physician.

Permits: All programs offered by Lost Borders that take place Government lands(NPS, NFS,and BLM) are operated under special use permits. School of Lost Borders operates under permit on the Inyo National Forest.

The School of Lost Borders does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age or disability.

"In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)


To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."


17 HealthQ_form.pdf107.2 KB
17_Release.pdf95.86 KB

The real ceremony begins where the formal one ends, when we take up a new way, our minds and hearts filled with the vision of earth that holds us within it, in compassionate relationship to and with our world.

Linda Hogan