Re-wild Interview: Petra Lentz-Snow on Rites of Passage
In this interview, Petra gives us an in-depth look into the purpose and process of rites of passage, both naturally-occurring and intentionally sought out ceremonies, such as guided vision fasts. She takes us through the many different types of rites of passage, discusses why crisis is crucial for growth and shares about the role of the natural world in rite of passage.
- Introducing Petra Lentz-Snow
- How Petra got into guiding rite of passage retreats
- What is a rite of passage?
- Bringing your gift out into the world
- The first and foremost rite of passage
- Common rites of passage for women and men
- What calls people to a rite of passage?
- Protecting your status
- Why is crisis crucial?
- Preparing for a rite of passage
- The role of the natural world in rite of passage
- Coming back from a rite of passage
- Petra’s prognosis for the future of the human species